Coschem is the abbreviated name given to the Society of Cosmetic Chemists South Africa.
We are a professional Society for Scientists and other individuals in the cosmetic and allied industries. We provide an opportunity to exchange ideas of common interest. Ultimately, we offer education and training to our individual members.
Coschem also endeavours to provide light relief during the year with social functions such as the annual golf tournament, the ladies day and the year end luncheon which brings members together to share in some fun.
Based in Johannesburg, with Lyndsay Calenborne as the incumbent president, the Society of Cosmetic Chemists South Africa is affiliated to the IFSCC (The International Federation of Societies of Cosmetic Chemists).
- Promote the advancement of science and technology in the cosmetic and toiletries industry.
- Aim to improve the scientific knowledge of the individual members.
- Promote high ethical standards of cosmetic science.
- Provide the means for the dissemination and interchange of knowledge pertinent to cosmetic science.
- Encourage research in cosmetic sciences.
- Maintain contact and promote dialogue with relevant industry bodies.
Executive Council 2016
Lyndsay Calenborne- President /Chair of Social & Membership Committee
Kirsten Scott – Vice President
Conny Oberrauter - Immediate Past President
Roy Gardiner -Honorary Treasurer
Wayne van Wyk -Honorary Secretary/Chair of Scientific Committee
Council Members 2016
Erica de Kock – KZN Chapter
Jill Gardiner - Chair of Education Committee /Education Officer
Kim MacCallum – Chair of Lecture Evening Committee
Bridget MacDonald – Secretary General
Shanaaz Samsodien – CT Chapter
Janine Wilson - Chair of Seminar Committee